Week 4 of my placement is finished

I cannot believe that it has been four weeks already.

I have just finished my third week of full control and it has been wonderful.  As frustrating, and talkative the kiddos have been at times they have also been funny, and entertaining and interesting and delightful.  I have been loving almost every minute of it.  I know that this is where I want to be - and I think I have actually found the age group I want to teach.

I have always thought I wanted to teach the littlies, thought that that is where my heart would belong and I would not enjoy the bigger kids.   I was wrong I LOVE teaching 9 to 10 year olds.   I love how their brains work, I love doing the higher grade stuff with them, I love their thirst for knowledge and acceptance and success, and I love their sense of humour and the one liners they can come out with!!

The disappointing thing is I only have two weeks left of my full control (I'm extending to five weeks which helps out the relief teacher who comes in for the last week of the term), and then I have to hand my class back.  I don't want to.  I want to keep teaching them.  I don't want to go back to University and study.  I want to be a teacher and get to keep my kiddo's.  It's not fair :(

Yep throwing a sad face fit that its all going to be over soon

No comments