first rejection


So you have done all the hard work, you have applied yourself and done your absolute best, and you have past - you even have the certificate to prove it.

It's official - you are a teacher.

Yup, they are going to let you in front of a classroom to teach.

At least they will if you can get a job that is.

That's where I'm at at the moment, applying for jobs, and right now is when the jobs are out for the new school year, so I'm applying - along with every other new graduate and experienced teacher looking for a job.

I was excited when the school I want to work at the most advertised two positions that they said was suitable for a beginning teacher.  This is the school my boys go to, and where I have been volunteering at for years.  It's also the school where the staff encouraged me to start my teaching career.

I knew this wouldn't guareentee me a job there, but I did think I would at least get an interview which would be amazing experience as well.

But I didn't.

I just got the standards rejection letter.

I know this will be one of the many rejections when I live in a small area and there are so few jobs and many people wanting the positions, but this rejection hurt more than any other.

 It seems that everything I had done at the school didn't count for anything.

And tomorrow I have to turn up with a smile on my face and work with the kids (who are relying on me) and continue my volunteer work.

It's obvious that a thicker skin is required if I am going to survive this part of trying to become a teacher.....it is hard to think that I have done so much work to finally live my dream of teaching and no one might employ me.....

But then as they say, good things come to those that wait.

So wait I will, I know there is the right job out there for me, and I know I am not alone, there are teachers all over the country and the world who go through this.

Next time maybe.







No comments